[PD] hid objects on linux/mac/win? hidraw on linux? hidraw parsing?

Patko nytkophilus colet.patrice at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 10:57:59 CET 2024

Hello

> Le 13 mars 2024 à 08:11, Albert Rafetseder <albert.rafetseder at univie.ac.at> a écrit :
>
>> Interestingly there exists a hid Deken package for Darwin-arm64-32
>> http://deken.puredata.info/library/hid/0.1.0
>> but it is not displayed in Pd's built-in search engine on OS X as far as
>> I can remember (maybe someone can check this?).
>
> Deken on pd 0.52.1 (a self-built version IIRC) on Linux, when configured to *not* hide packages for foreign platforms, gives me this:
>
> hid[v0.1.0](Darwin-arm64-32).dek
> 	Uploaded by critapec @ 2022-11-09 00:32:28

This version have been uploaded this week after seing this thread, that explains why it didn't appear yet, meanwhile I don't get why the date is 2022.

It has been compiled without using xcode project, from last hid version 0.7 sources,
but I'm not sure that it works exactly the same, that's why version is 0.1.0

Are you allright with this?

I'm calling pd users using apple silicon to try if this works good on their computer.

This version also doesn't provide sources and Makefile, but it should in next version.

cheers