[PD] Seeking co-maintainers for Scheme for Pd

Iain Duncan iainduncanlists at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 16:17:14 CET 2024

Hello hackers, a couple of years ago I made Scheme for Pd, a sibling
project of my Scheme for Max external that allows scripting Pd (and Max) in
s7 Scheme. I'm now into a PhD and am (surprise, surprise) rather busy, but
there are some things that could be done with the Pd version that would be
interesting. In a nutshell, it's like a cross between Max's JS object (but
able to run temporally accurate code) and Common Music 3 (much of which it
can run, same Scheme interpreter).

For the initial release, I was only interested in solo development as it
was a master's project. This is a call to see if there are people
interested in joining on the project so I can bring it back to life. It
requires a fairly good understanding of writing externals in C and of
Scheme. It does not (yet) do DSP, only message stuff. There are a number of
recent developments in the Max version that would be neat to port over if
there is interest.

The project page is here:
https://github.com/iainctduncan/scheme-for-pd

Some videos are here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/musicwithlisp

If you are interested, please email me as well as the list, at
iainctduncan @{ the mail server that starts with G}.com

thanks
iain