[PD] Jack transport on Linux

Alexander dreamer at puikheid.nl
Mon Apr 15 10:15:26 CEST 2024

On Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 9:35 AM Lorenzo Sutton <lorenzofsutton at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I used to be able to do Jack transport on Linux with the external once
> hosted at http://artdent.homelinux.net/svn/jack_transport~/ which now
> seems to be dead.
>
> Any other known externals or ideas? I need to simply synchronize Pd to
> Rosegarden [1] and jack transport would be the most straightforward way
> of doing it. I could also look into MIDI synchronization but I don't
> really need anything fancy like tempo changes etc. so would ideally
> avoid that route, also because I'm setting this up for a live performance.
>
> Any ideas or pointers welcome.

This came up on the discord some time ago as well.

The external you mention can be found here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/pure-data/svn/HEAD/tree/trunk/externals/tb/jack_transport/

Two other externals were found as well:
https://github.com/agraef/pd-jacktime
https://github.com/nicobou/pd-jackclock

I think only the OG I was able to easily build and use successfully on my
machine.

Hope this is useful :)

Alexander