konzert

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Fri Jul 7 07:36:01 CEST 2000

<chris at infiniteloops.com>

Max/MSP/Nato event in North Oakland, CA.

Compound Eye & Ear:
On Saturday, July 15, we continue our ongoing monthly A-V shindigs at Compound Eye with an event featuring two visiting performers.

Composer Masayuki Akamatsu, an Associate Professor at the International Academy of Media Arts and Sciences (IAMAS) in Gifu, Japan, will be performing some of his Max/MSP/Nato-based work; there will also be a demonstration of a real-time video sampler he has created.

Brian K. Slater of Tactex Controls Inc. in Victoria, BC, Canada, will be showing off the MTC Express, a fiber-optic controller of great expressiveness. He also promises to premiere "a new, never-seen-anywhere-else-on-the-planet, hybrid instrument."

There will also be live video mixing, and a demonstration of a genetic-algorithm-based composition toy. Admission is free.

Compound Eye is located in North Oakland. Info and map: http://www.infiniteloops.com/compoundeyeear/July15.html

inquiries: eyeear at infiniteloops.com

P.S. If you are interested in participating in this event (or in future monthly events), please contact us!