[PD] [OT] notebook buyers advice ?

CK x at meta.lo-res.org
Tue Jul 17 20:44:13 CEST 2001

hi,

I'm currently looking for a notebook with good audio capabilities, it
should be linux supported (I'm not going to accept the m$ license
agreement) and a decent dri supported / dualheaded gfx card would be
nice also I'd like it to be small ideally with detachable floppy/cd

I looked at the acer 35x series, nice machines, but the trident audio
gave me strange noises when in graphics mode (on a acer 5whatever, but
the audio card seems to be the same in the 35x series) big plus with
acer is that you can get competent people to talk to you on the phone
(i.e. people that know what a paralell port is) not so with sony :(

Other options are thinkpad T series or even apple ...

any ideas ?

thanks

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)