[pd] [OT] midi interfaces

Nick Fells nick at music.gla.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 15:32:11 CEST 2001

Don't know how Pd would handle it (or rather how one would handle it in
Pd!), but AFAIK the PC1600x can send data determined by fader position
as part of a 'MIDI string'. The format of the data can be adjusted from
single byte (i.e. 0-127 as in most MIDI messages), up to 4 bytes, in a
variety of formats (I think the fader ADCs are themselves 12-bit
resolution, but maybe it's possible to get increased resolution from the
data wheel). I don't really know the ins and outs coz I haven't tried it
yet!

Nick

--
Dr Nick Fells,