[pd] [OT] midi interfaces

Nick Fells nick at music.gla.ac.uk
Fri Aug 31 15:49:08 CEST 2001

Apologies, my last claims were untrue!

This from the Peavey website:

'The PC 1600x uses 8-bit A/D converters for its faders which supply 256
discreet steps
  for parameter adjustment. This covers most situations, but sometimes
you must edit
  larger ranges (e.g. 0 - 1000), and each movement of the fader results
in a value
  change larger than 1. In these cases, program the Data Wheel link to
"Last Fader" in
  the preset you're using. Use the fader to get the parameter value
close to where you
  need it, then use the Data Wheel to fine tune the value from there.'

So, only 8-bit resolution on the faders, but one can send larger values
and 'fine control' them using the wheel.

Nick

--
Dr Nick Fells,
Music Department,