[PD] [ot] [!nt] \n2+0\

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Fri Sep 28 15:10:23 CEST 2001

[model z!t!znz - simply...simple]

From: RenÈ Mogensen <ReneMogensen at hotmail.com>
Subject: Virus Alert

Two of our MAC computers has been more or less incapacitated by a virus Strange files were found in folders:

Max External Collection 3.1
      FAT
        applications
               0f¯003

The virus was apparently transfered to a second machine via a Quick-Mail Pro attachment in our local network. The attachment could apparently not be opened immediately, but instead generated a message that a plug-in for Netscape Navigator was missing, but could be downloaded. A new Netscape window opened with a page offering several download options. The user then chose ìAcrobat for Mac OSî and the download began. Seeing that the download would take a long time, the user interrupted the download and when he did so, the screen immediately was changed to include only a black and a white area, and a soundfile began playing, with a voice saying: ìThe world is sick - everybody is sick. You only get 4000 orgasms in a lifetime. Donít attempt to stop this program, or...î  At this point the machine did not react to input from the keyboard or mouse.

After the machine was restarted, the program entitled ìo f ¯ 003î was included under Recent Applications. The machine now can only be started without extensions, otherwise it freezes.

We haven't been able to identify the virus yet.

Sincerely,

RenÈ Mogensen
Danish Institute for Electroacoustic Music
Aarhus, Denmark
www.diem.dk