[OT] Re: [PD] Plugin~ object!

Linium intent at club-internet.fr
Sun Nov 25 01:43:24 CET 2001

Le Samedi 24 Novembre 2001 14:50, Richard Dobson a écrit :
> I'm currently using Mandrake 7.2 - which has proved a bad move (from RH
> 6) as it does not configure my SoundBlaster 16 properly - I have to do
> it by hand each time I boot into Linux. Which is probably why I don't
> boot into it very often! RH6 didn't have this problem. According to the
> Mandrake 8 box, it uses the unofficial gcc 2.96 that was such a problem
> with Redhat 7. Does Mdk 8.1 fix that? I have heard that RH 7.2 does
> restore the proper 2.95 gcc.
>

> Richard Dobson

Mdk8.1 ships with gcc 2.96 and optionnally gcc 3.01.

Compiling pd with gcc3.01 (wich is very picky) and alsa0.9 produces an
executable which segfaults when you start the audio.
(btw fiddle won't compile).

With gcc2.96 pd does compile and run but the "paf~" object is wrong.
It clips the output badly.

I havn't yet succeeded in compilling gem ( i may be faulty here )

Linium