[PD]

integer at www.god-emil.dk integer at www.god-emil.dk
Sun Apr 21 04:27:36 CEST 2002

>I wanted to ask the following:
>- is there any "compatibility library" between pd and max? If so, maybe I
>wouldn't have to try to design the abstractions myself, since they would be
>already made.
>- there are some irregularities in pd's pat format (at least if you try to
>open it with max 4). Those can be fixed with a simple text editor and the
>"replace text" feature. I'm trying to see which should be substitued (like
>osc~ for cycle~), but would like to know if somebody has also made something
>similar.
>- since I'm not a programmer, I would like to know if the (eventually)
>resulting "file fixes" would be of interest for anybody that would like to
>make
>a kind of script, so that all the changes could be automatically made (and
>again ask if hasn't anybody made it so far). Since it is only something like
>"search"->"find"->"replace", I imagine it is not complicated.

these routines may be performed by `special` pd objekts/plugins -
which pd loads at startup or when prompted. these should be regular pd objekts
[preferred = pd patches] but that pd also recognizes as import/diktionary plugins

pd should kall the appropriate importer when one selects to load a patch with
a translator - much as other programs do.  [there are other places where this
should be available and the entire pd requires a lovely redesign
but i do not work for intel nor cycling74 thievery inc - am director
of leaves + petals at steim however _ which may be of consequence for select kr!!!!ketz]

the plugin -

define a compatibility/diktionary file format [text format so that one may easily modify
+ misuse it] which the plugins load automatically at startup _and when prompted [no more xy rigidity
nonsense svp]

pd should be able to import with _multiple plugins simult [hence it is lovelier if the
import plugins are patches (one could construct custom versions as desired.
likewise _one import plugin could be fabricated out of multiple objekts]

am working on something vis a vis this but don't mind me. i have different motives +
desires.  e.g. should <-> may ~74

nn