[PD] [OT] Other good mailing lists for linux sound apps

Frank Barknecht barknech at ph-cip.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jun 25 08:53:37 CEST 2002

Hi,
Comic Cuteness hat gesagt: // Comic Cuteness wrote:

> I think I'm on the verge of reformatting my laptop so I have a linux
> machine to mess around with. I want to subscribe to a few good mailing
> lists relating to music creation and applications on linux. I'm also
> looking for a list dealing with live performance on laptops.

You're looking for linux-audio-user (LAU) a user-oriented spinoff of
the more developer-oriented linux-audio-dev (LAD) list. Subscription
info is at http://www.linuxdj.com/audio/lad/subscribe.php3

And if you want to use ALSA, which isn't necessary, but the way to go
in the future, you might want to subscribe to alsa-user as well for
help in instllaing ALSA. Info at http://www.alsa-project.org

ciao,