[PD] [ot] MIDI + USB + /dev/midi

Michal Seta mis at creazone.com
Wed Jul 31 20:36:42 CEST 2002

Hi all.

I don't really know where to turn for this question so here's a shot:
I got myself a midisport2x2 MIDI interface.  I got the driver for it from here: http://member.nifty.ne.jp/Breeze/softwares/unix/usbmidi-e.html.

got the ezusb2131 module running and been able to upload the firmware to the interface.  So far so good.  The usb-midi driver loaded up fine and I was able to use midi through the /dev/midi* device.  That's cool.

Then I got the rc3 release of alsa becasue I needed alsa midi support.  I got snd-usb-midi working fine.  Of course when snd-usb-midi was loaded I could not use usb-midi.  So when I needed the /dev/midi port I'd unload snd-usb-midi and load usb-midi and all was fine.

Now, for the past 3 or so days I'm unable to get /dev/midi working.  No matter what i do to the modules I can only send MIDI out through /dev/midi* but none is coming in.  It worked both ways before so I'm a little puzzled.

Anyone know what could be a reason for this not working both ways?

Thanks for any pointers/ideas.

My setup: DebianPPC-woody, 2.4.18,

--
./MiS