[PD] [ot] MIDI + USB + /dev/midi

Ian Knopke knopke at music.mcgill.ca
Thu Aug 1 17:09:45 CEST 2002

Hey Michal, long time no see,

I recently had the glorius task of making one of these work with another
person's Mandrake setup (I use Debian myself). All I can say is that I
had exactly these same kind of inconsistencies occur and I was never able
to track it down exactly. Some days it would work and some it would have
a quirk or not work at all.Things that seem to have made a difference:
	-reloading the firmware multiple times produced different
reactions(!)
	-starting up with the device vs plugging in or unplugging later
(problems with hotplug and midi-usb?)
	-sending and receiving midi at the same time may have caused
problems or put device in strange states

It seems the drivers need some work. I'd be interested to know about other
people's experieces.

Ian Knopke