[PD-ot] books

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Oct 1 21:07:04 CEST 2003

Hallo,
Josh Steiner hat gesagt: // Josh Steiner wrote:

> there is always the famous "The Computer Music Tutorial" by Cutis Roads

Actually I found its "rival" more accessible: "Computer Music" by
Dodge/Jerse. I really swallowed this one in short time, whereas I
still struggle with the CMT and linger around page 250 or so. The CMT
has lots of cross references which IMO disturb the flow of reading too
much. Dodge/Jerse on the other hand have a very didactic approach.

> plus, searching for that in google i ran into this:
>
> http://music.dartmouth.edu/~book/MATCpages/tableofcontents.html

This looks mighty cool, too.

ciao