[PD-ot] Art: To GPL or not to GPL?

IOhannes zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.kug.ac.at
Mon Dec 22 12:16:15 CET 2003

.n++k wrote:

> assuming you're not joking,
actually i was.

> he meant delays more like 1ms and below
> (down to around the resolution of a sample, which is not anymore a
> delay, but a filter)

which is plain wrong.
a delay of 1sample is nothing but a delay of 1ms (and sounds exactly
like the original signal, but a little bit later)
you can test this with [z~] object of zexy. (and yes, i know how what a
IIR-filter is)

i just wanted to point out, that the argument didn't make sense to me.

and: i think there is a legal definition of how much of the original
sound has to be preserved/discarded to (not) make a new piece out of an
another one with(out) violating others' copyrights.

mfg.sd.r
IOhannes