[PD-ot] how would you describe how something sounds?

marius schebella marius.schebella at chello.at
Thu Apr 22 10:04:43 CEST 2004

hi hans-christoph,

well, maybe you should place some sounds online and let people discuss their
characteristics and talk about them... and then compare statements about
quality, properties, adjectives. describing just theoretically a non
existing sound is not so easy.

otoh some people in earlier days (pierre schaeffer?) already tried  to
categorize sounds. this is a life-time work.

m.