[PD-ot] Opinion request: MIDI Keyboards - EDIROL PCR-A30 / Evolution MK-425C / etc

Nick Morrison nickm at internode.com.au
Tue May 4 14:00:35 CEST 2004

Hi there!

I've decided to take that exciting step of buying my first ever MIDI
controller / keyboard.  (!!)

The one that's caught my eye is the Edirol PCR-A30.  It has lots of
knobs and sliders, a small (32-key) keyboard (but I'm not a pianist -
I'll be using it to articulate chords, and not much more) and
24bit/96khz USB Audio.  It seems pretty damn cool.

The other brand I've been pointed towards is Evolution - and I suppose
the model I'd be going for would be the MK-425C.  It's not as featureful
(just knobs, and 28 keys), but is a lot cheaper.

If anybody has any opinions on either of these keyboard / knob / slider
MIDI controllers, I would greatly appreciate hearing them!

Thanks for your time.

Cheers,

Nick!  - budding electro-muso
**