[PD-ot] M-Audio Quattro blah.

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Jun 21 10:49:17 CEST 2004

Hallo,
Ian Smith-Heisters hat gesagt: // Ian Smith-Heisters wrote:

> On the off chance I could return this card, do you have a suggestion of an
> equal in/out (for portaudio's quirks), 24bit, 96khz, USB card for $160 or
> less?

At 24bit, 96khz no USB1 card is equal-in/out because that's only
bandwidth for stereo in one direction. I supose, you intend to run the
card on Windows as well, right? Because on Linux the equal in/out
problem doesn't exists, at least it could be worked around with Jack.

Then the only other 4 in/out card I can think of is the Audiotrak
Maya44 which *should* work on Linux, but Luke Yelavich reported
problems with it on the alsa lists. I don't know if those were general
problems or just some on his machine. Personally I bought the Terratec
Aureon USB, which is rather cheap but works very well. The other
Terratac USB card is rather expensive but also worked very well.

Ciao