Unichrome DRI with Gem (was "Re: [PD-ot] Re: [OT] Re: [PD] Piksel'05")

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Thu Aug 25 19:57:40 CEST 2005

Le Jeudi 18 Août 2005 19:30, Marc Lavallée a écrit :
> Le 18 Août 2005 18:08, Frank Barknecht a écrit :
> > BTW: I'm very impressed with the performance of my new laptop's 915G
> > Express onboard graphics card by Intel. Perfectly open source drivers
> > and a very good performance not only for an onboard card. Some may
> > laugh at me, but if a machine can run Quake III Arena at 1280x1024 in
> > 32Bit with more than 55 fps this is way more than *I* could patch
> > together in GEM with reasonable effort.
>
> That's good news! There's also the Unichrome chip from VIA, included in
> some laptops, with free drivers and working DRI. I don't know how
> good/fast it is with Gem.

I finally have DRI on my Shuttle PC with its integrated Unichrome graphic
chip. :-)  I used to run Debian unstable with Demudi, but now I'm running
Debian testing, without Demudi, and with a special version of Xfree 4.3.

Unfortunatly the Gem 1:0.90.0-14 debian package doesn't work anymore:
---
/usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: /usr/lib/pd/extra/Gem.pd_linux: undefined
symbol: avcodec_pix_fmt_to_codec_tag
Gem: can't load library
---
I even recompiled without success (same error).
How can I fix this problem?
(I guess this is a question for Guenter Geiger...)
--
Marc