[PD-ot] Re: [PD] Connection with sensors - new devices?

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Thu Dec 22 16:27:54 CET 2005

Let's move this discussion on OT.

Le 22 Décembre 2005 09:59, Christian Klippel a écrit :
> but the point is not what it costs if one does it in home-work vs. a
> ready-made product. the point is that even for a ready-made thing there
> is an upper-limit, imho. there are quite some other sources for such
> ready-built assemblies..... just look at all these robotic sites&shops.

That's exactly what Infusion Systems is selling: "ready-made". This is even
an artistic concept, no wonder why its business model works and why price
is a non-issue.

> hey, even digikey offers to make such assemblies "on demand" and it only
> costs a fraction of the infusionsystems stuff.

Right. But you have to understand what Infusion Systems is selling; it's not
electronics componants, it's a complete ready-made concept! Even if that
looks pretty stupid to you, it makes perfect sense to its clients.

> what is "my business"? even the cheapest harddisk-led of a cheap computer
> case is assembled that way. its common practice in "that" business.

Your business is precisely to know about that stuff. So if you want to help
those poor ripped-off artists, go find them and offer your services, and
make sure they are not ripping you off...
--
Marc