[PD-ot] Hardware sequencer

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Jan 24 13:13:31 CET 2006

Hallo,
Chris McCormick hat gesagt: // Chris McCormick wrote:

> I'm looking to get a hardware midi sequencer which I can use to write
> simple rhythmic sequences in realtime. I usually use Pd with my laptop
> screen closed, and a uc33 to control parameters in Pd patches, but the
> uc33 doesn't provide me with any way of entering rhythmic data.

That's actually similar to how I perform (if I do). I extended this
setup with the M-Audio Trigger Finger for rhythmic data, which is a
MPC-like collection of 16 pads to drum on with your fingers. Not
exactly what you want, but maybe also worth a look. It works
plug-and-play on Linux, the internals seem to be practically the same
as the UC-33.

More toggle-ish would be the Faderbox micromodul LX1
http://www.faderfox.de/ however it also provides no visual feedback on
the state of the buttons.

The Doepfer Schaltwerk could more be like what you want, but it's sold
out. Last price was about 1200 Euro, which I consider too expensive
and which I'd rather give to CK to build me a multiIO instead.

Ciao