[PD-ot] setting up ubuntustudio

hard off hard.off at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 10:13:28 CET 2006

i am trying to setup ubuntustudio , just as directed by the wiki.

i am still on step 1, from this page:

http://ubuntustudio.com/wiki/index.php/Breezy:Studio_Preparation

 Installing the Applications

So, first things first. We highly recommend you enable all of the official
software repositories. If you aren't sure how to do this, and you haven't
changed your sources.list file yet, this is the quickest and easiest way to
do it, as well as getting your system up-to-date with security fixes:

sudo -i
echo deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy main restricted
universe multiverse > /etc/apt/sources.list
echo deb http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-security main
restricted universe multiverse >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo deb http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-updates main
restricted universe multiverse >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy main restricted
universe multiverse >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo deb-src http://security.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-security main
restricted universe multiverse >> /etc/apt/sources.list
echo deb-src http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ breezy-updates main
restricted universe multiverse >> /etc/apt/sources.list
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade
exit

:::

so i run that in the terminal, and it goes about its business of lacating
all the bits and pieces...and then asks me:

Need to get 49.4MB of archives.
After unpacking 66.8MB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

so i just type:  y

and then it  says:  Abort.

*** i tried it again, typing  'yes' / 'Y' / 'YES' / yes, pretty please with
a cherry on top...but it just aborts every time.

so when terminal asks me:  Do you want to continue [Y/n]?

how do i tell it 'YES' ????