[PD-ot] OS/PD/HD BACKUP + PD LIVE OS

juto aviten periclite at free.fr
Sun Feb 19 11:32:27 CET 2006

well,
strange...
first you said you made your livecd with pd and librairies and then you
don't want to redistributed... for good reason (non-free stuff in it)
and in the same time you said you need this non-free software to have a
descent multimedia linux system... I am not at all agree, I do all my
works (audio, video, printing, 3D...) since 3/4 years under linux, you
have to be carefull about some hardware, but without that all what you
want to do under multimedia could be realize without too much problem. I
feel very inconfortable with those people that used linux for their
works and that they always spit on it. I use different distros for my
works (mix video, interactive installation, audio pro recording, live
music, printing, website...etc) without one non-free software. So I
affirme here, you could have a descent multimedia linux system without
any stupid non-free software.
Why don't you try to custom your distro without any non-free software,
it could help everyone, show that we could have another option with
kanotix to work with multimedia!!! and specially a puredata customed!

Agnula : http://agnula.org
Apodio : http://www.apodio.org
Dynebolic : http://www.dynebolic.org
PLanet CCRMA : http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/