[PD-ot] OS/PD/HD BACKUP + PD LIVE OS

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Sun Feb 19 13:33:52 CET 2006

hi juto,

> no nv is the libre drivers for nvidia... ati I didn't see any project
> around but I don't use ati cards... I try not to use ati & nvidia and
> most of my problems are resolved, there are plenty of others video
> cards with libre drivers support...

i couldn't get the nv driver running on my machine for longer than 2
minutes without graphics problems ... otoh, the nvidia drivers are easy
to install, use and rock-solid
i don't see any problems with using a closed-source driver, if there is
no open source driver available / usable ... it's better than having no
driver at all (which unfortunately is far more common in the linux
world).

cheers... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

The aim of education is the knowledge, not of facts, but of values
  William S. Burroughs