[PD-ot] OS/PD/HD BACKUP + PD LIVE OS

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Sun Feb 19 17:34:40 CET 2006

Hallo,
Tim Blechmann hat gesagt: // Tim Blechmann wrote:
> i'm more pissed by the bundled software, when buying hardware ... e.g.
> there are no decent laptops without windoze license ...

It is possible to get barebone laptops as well. Apart from really
barebone systems, that you need to complete yourself, one can also buy
"no-name" systems from vendors, who built systems on demand. I did so
for my latest notebook, which is a barebone laptop by MSI. It doesn't
even have MSI-stickers, I'm doing my own [bang( sticker currently. ;)

One should not expect to save a lot of money this way, though, or save
money at all: These bundled MS-Windows licenses really add nothing to
the price, maybe a couple of cents. Just what it's worth. ;)

Ciao