[PD-ot] Pd and UPIC

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Mar 19 00:28:56 CET 2006

I wrote an ultra-simple UPIC using Pd arrays, its attached and in CVS
here:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/*checkout*/pure-data/doc/
tutorials/playnow/waveform_draw.pd?rev=HEAD

Also, the graphical data structures thing has some similar ideas to
UPIC:

http://at.or.at/hans/solitude

I think a lot of people are doing similar things as UPIC with data
structures and such, but I don't know of a UPIC clone.

.hc

On Mar 14, 2006, at 1:29 AM, Tomato Thaumato wrote:

> Has anyone created a Pd version of the UPIC? (or a Max/MSP version,
> for that matter?)
> I'm curious about it, and would love to get a "first-hand"
> understanding of how the system worked.  It looks to me like it
> might be the sort of thing you might see a Pd enthusiast replicate,
> but I feel it might take someone who had used to the UPIC before to
> make it anew.
>
> (In case you have no idea what I'm talking about and wish you did,
> a Google brought up the following)
> http://membres.lycos.fr/musicand/INSTRUMENT/DIGITAL/UPIC/UPIC.htm
>
> -Michael Nelson

____

"Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies."
                                                     - Amy Smith