[PD-ot] Re: [PD-announce] Invitation to Subscribe: Montreal, NY, Boston, Rome, London, Montenegro, Venice, Bled

IOhannes m zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Mar 29 12:58:58 CEST 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Anyone know anything about these IPSI BgD things?  I've been getting

no

> these emails for a while, and they always seem kind of strange to  me.
> Almost like they are written by a machine...

yes it seems so.
i aplogize for letting spam through.

i have been trying to release the strict policies of the pd-lists a
little - at least for things like pd-announce and pd-ot.
most of the real spam is filtered out before it gets to the lists, so
the moderation task has become easier. esp. for the pd-announce list, i
think the restriction to members only is a bit hard.
(but while i am struggling with myself, i make arbitrary decisions about
what to let through :: which is the thing i never wanted to get into)

obviously this leads to such emails getting through to the list (which
at a quick glance just seem to be ordinary announcements, like the final
call to the DAfx)

i don't know what i should do exactly.
probably search a volunteer for moderating the pd-announce list...

mfg.ad.
IOhannes