[PD-ot] Re: [PD-announce] Invitation to Subscribe: Montreal, NY, Boston, Rome, London, Montenegro, Venice, Bled

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Thu Mar 30 03:04:44 CEST 2006

On Mar 29, 2006, at 5:58 AM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>> Anyone know anything about these IPSI BgD things?  I've been getting
>
> no
>
>> these emails for a while, and they always seem kind of strange to
>> me.  Almost like they are written by a machine...
>
> yes it seems so.
> i aplogize for letting spam through.

No problem, I don't know whether it was spam or not.  I wasn't trying
to fault you, I was more curious whether anyone knew anything about
the IPSI BgD things.

> i have been trying to release the strict policies of the pd-lists a
> little - at least for things like pd-announce and pd-ot.
> most of the real spam is filtered out before it gets to the lists,
> so the moderation task has become easier. esp. for the pd-announce
> list, i think the restriction to members only is a bit hard.
> (but while i am struggling with myself, i make arbitrary decisions
> about what to let through :: which is the thing i never wanted to
> get into)
>
> obviously this leads to such emails getting through to the list
> (which at a quick glance just seem to be ordinary announcements,
> like the final call to the DAfx)
>
> i don't know what i should do exactly.
> probably search a volunteer for moderating the pd-announce list...

I think the easy way to deal with it is make it members only, with no
moderator.  No perfect, but you have better things to do.

____

                             http://at.or.at/hans/