[PD-ot] Re: [PD-announce] Invitation to Subscribe: Montreal, NY, Boston, Rome, London, Montenegro, Venice, Bled

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Apr 10 11:04:34 CEST 2006

Hallo,
Steffen hat gesagt: // Steffen wrote:

> Finally i'd like to state that it would be nice if announcments was  sendt
> to the announce list only. I see no reason to cross post. And i  see no
> reason to post announcements to the pd-list, since there is an
> announcment. I suggest this to be added to the netiquette.

To me pd-announce is a subset of pd-list for those people who don't
want to follow every discussion and flame war, but don't want to miss
important announcements either.

pd-list has manymany more subscribers than pd-announce, so I guess,
many pd-list subscribers either don't want to read pd-related
announcements - I doubt this - or many pd-list subscribers just don't
know about pd-announce or didn't bother to subscribe. All these people
would miss pd-announcements on pd-announce, unless they are
crossposted to pd-list. That's the reason why I cross-post to both
lists. I'd like to continue to be allowed to cross-post, because it is
unlikely that we will get several hundreds of pd-list subscribers not
yet subscribed to pd-announce to change their subscription habits.

Regarding posts from non-subscribers: I'd vote for keeping pd-announce
open to them.

Ciao