[pd-ot] electric circuits in software

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Sat Apr 29 05:02:45 CEST 2006

On Fri, Apr 28, 2006 at 09:09:16PM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, Chris McCormick wrote:
> > On Thu, Apr 27, 2006 at 02:13:17AM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > This sounds a bit speculative to me - too many assumptions. It's probably
> > not wise to be so quick to dismiss the viewpoint of "analogue cultism"
> > until we have concrete research that confirms that humans are unable to
> > perceive such differences.
>
> Why wouldn't it be wise? I'm happy with my bitrate and I don't care
> whether analogue cultists are right or wrong. I can happily trim expenses

I'm not talking about right or wrong; I'm talking about acknowledging
that there possibly are audible differences in the analogue and digital
"sound" and that a preference for one or the other is totally subjective
personal preference. I myself love the smell of aliased digital filters
in the morning, but I will defend the preference of those with the squidy
analogue love.

Best,

Chris.

chris at mccormick.cx