[PD-ot] project idea: ngspice for pd

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Sun May 7 16:24:04 CEST 2006

hi hans,

Am Sonntag, 7. Mai 2006 15:54 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:
> It sounds like an awesome idea.  I was recently chatting with Massimo
> Banzi, one of the Arduino creators, about the possibililty of
> creating a Pd-ish language for programming microcontrollers.  This
> seems like it would be the perfect compliment to the idea.  I
> forwarded this proposal to the Arduino crew to see if they are
> interested.

hey, cool!

to me, stuff like spice on one side, and then things like pd on the other are
very similar in the concept: they both take a netlist of parts/objects and
then calculate the result of that. spice just makes nice curves/diagrams, pd
sends the data straight to the audio device .... but essentially, i cant see
much of a difference ...

thats why i think both would make a nice couple, especially for all the analog
sound freaks out there ;) sure it is not use-able to emulate some
full-featured, digital circuit with it... i dont see much sense in that
anyway, since it could be done in pd natively, its just the sound
generation/manipulation through circuit emulation that i am after ...

> .hc

if that comes true, i will sit down for a whole month in a row and capture
schematics of synth's and filter's into spice files .... i swear ... ;)

greets,

chris