[PD-ot] pc -> pc connection

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Jun 8 16:36:19 CEST 2006

IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
> João Miguel Pais wrote:
>> when I meant through internet, was between different ips (not with
>> routers or cables). Can you also recomend programs or something similar?
>
> how do you connect if not through "routers and cables"?
>
>> We don't have that much time to read manuals.
>>

> usually you have ssh running on any reasonable linux machine.

oh, i overlooked the "XP" in your initial mail.
there is the free "winSCP" available, which gives you a nice gui.

and you could also use "windoze sharing" (on the w32 side) / SAMBA (on
linux/osx) to share the data:

on kubuntu open the konqueror and type "smb://winhost/share" in the
URI-field and you should connect to the w32 machine "winhost"
(btw, you can also use the URI "sftp://user@remotehost" to open an
sftp/ssh session)

since i am no gnome user i don't know the exact way how to do it with
ubuntu/nautilus.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes