[PD-ot] could pd be the ideal software?

Torsten Anders torstenanders at gmx.de
Fri Jun 16 09:03:50 CEST 2006

On 16.06.2006, at 07:19, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> I personally have been recently driven to make Pd a full-fledged
> programming language

How do you define 'a full-fledged programming language'? What do you
miss in PD? And why do you feel uncomfortable with existing programming
languages you may describe as 'full-fledged' so you need to beef up PD?

I am in general very sceptical whether visual programming languages
scale up for complex tasks (e.g. which visual programming language is
defined largely in itself -- as e.g. Lisp or SmallTalk usually are) but
I would be very interested if someone can show me otherwise.

Best,
Torsten

--
Torsten Anders
Sonic Arts Research Centre • Queen's University Belfast