[PD-ot] GEM: X server has no OpenGL GLX extension

Alexandre Quessy listes at sourcelibre.com
Thu Jun 22 11:54:12 CEST 2006

error: GEM: X server has no OpenGL GLX extension
error: GEM: Unable to create double buffer window
error: GEM: Unable to create window
error: GEM: gemwin: no window made
error: GEM: Create window first!

Hi all,

I am having problems with my Gem. Does someone knows what can be my problem
? I reinstalled my proprietary X11 Nvidia driver several times. No hope. It
seems like I am having problems with my GLX extension. Any idea on what I
should do ? On Debian, I tried installing several times the nvidia-glx and
the nvidia-kernel-2.6.16-2-686 packages. I am on Debian unstable
2.6.16-2-686. Finally, I got my X working again (I broked it several
times....) compiling the Nvidia package from nvidia.com.

--
Alexandre Quessy
http://alexandre.quessy.net