[PD-ot] [ARS ELECTRONICA] Official Workshop Call

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Wed Aug 2 18:30:57 CEST 2006

hello everybody,

here I am forwarding you [ARS ELECTRONICA] Official Workshop Call,
deadline for application is this friday, 5th of August.

Koray.

[ARS ELECTRONICA] Official Workshop Call

The Electrolobby 2006 is proud to present a selection of workshops
that will run in parallel during the Ars Electronica Festival. We
will count with a selection of three very promising projects that
make use of different open source/hardware platforms.

The workshops are open for anyone to participate. However there are
10 seats per workshop for those interested in coming to learn about
the technology directly from their creators. E-lobby offers a total
of 30 workshop places. These include:

- NO FEE; workshops are for free, you may need to purchase some
materials, though

- FREE ACCOMMODATION; Ars Electronica has arranged a dormitory with
30 beds for the participants to stay in Linz during the festival

- FESTIVAL PASS; this will allow you to wander around the different
areas of the festival, enter to lectures in the symposium, visit
events, etc

On the side of the 30 official workshop participants, we will count
with extra workshop spaces for those people registered in the
festival willing to learn about Python, OpenFrameWorks, or Arduino.
In any case you should inform us about your intentions to join the
workshops, we will offer 10 extra workspaces per workshop!!

How to Apply
----------------
Workshops are open to anyone with the interest to participate. The
application for workshops should be made over email sending the form
avaliable at the official electrolobby's website: www.electrolobby.org.

The ultimate deadline for applying is August 5th, Saturday, 23:59.
The selected participants will be announced on the web August 7th,
Monday, 11:59. Send us your form to workshops at electrolobby.org

Note that NO PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE is required for any of the
workshops. You don't need to be a programmer or you don't need to
never ever had played around with electronics. We will however
consider those applicants whose profile includes some experience in
performing arts. It is our aim to use two different local venues
during the festival for introducing the workshop participant's live
performance acts to an international audience. If you are an
electroacoustic musician, or a VJ (among others), you may consider
joining the workshops for gaining the experience on how to bring some
funky ideas to reality. Let's make the Electrolobby's workshops the
place to make that happen!

M.Koray Tahiroglu
Media Lab,UIAH
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/