[PD-ot] FreeNode founder dies at 51.

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Sep 21 19:37:07 CEST 2006

FreeNode founder dies at 51.

   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rob_Levin

more links available from that page.

I'll quote the original news, from http://freenode.net/news.shtml :

------------------8<--------cut-here--------8<------------------

freenode News Saturday 16 September 2006 at 10:58:00

On the 12th September Rob Levin, known to many as Freenode's lilo, was hit
by a car while riding his bike. He suffered head injuries and was in a
coma. Rob was being treated at the Neuro Trauma Intensive Care Unit at a
local hospital in Houston, Texas where he passed away on Sept 16th.

Our thoughts are with Rob and his family, and we ask that you respect
their privacy during this difficult time.

Condolences can be sent to condolences at freenode.net

On behalf of freenode Staff and the PDPC Board, Christel Dahlskjaer, Mike
Mattice and Phil Stracchino.