[PD-ot] how low (latency) can you go?

Bryan Jurish moocow at ling.uni-potsdam.de
Sat Dec 16 00:55:20 CET 2006

moin Frank, moin again list,

On 2006-12-15 23:28:49, Frank Barknecht <fbar at footils.org> appears to
have written:
> Bryan Jurish hat gesagt: // Bryan Jurish wrote:
>
>> (B) is the onboard soundcard on said laptop tolerable (A/D-D/A sync,
>> general quality, etc.)?  [i realize it probably won't be great; i just
>> can't afford a hammerfall, my quattro is basically crap, and the adc on
>> my terratec usb is thoroughly unsatisfying]
>
> Being in part responsible for your choice of USB card: I also upgraded
> from the cheap Terratec USB to the Terratec Phase26, which has really
> good ADC.

no blame attaches.  any similarity between the soundcards i have
purchased and those which any person or persons real and/or fictional
may or may not have reported using, tested and/or reviewed for major
national computing-technology periodicals is unintended and purely
coincidental.

really. ;-)

> USB and Firewire may have the advantage, that they are somewhere else
> if a laptop is stolen. ;) (Sorry, I just couldn't resist to make this
> silly joke.)

ok, i guess i deserved that one :-P

marmosets,
	Bryan

--
Bryan Jurish                           "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at ling.uni-potsdam.de      -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology