[PD-ot] how low (latency) can you go?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Dec 16 19:15:15 CET 2006

On Sat, 16 Dec 2006, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Yes, its true, I am too lazy to do an actual measurement.

Just plug a loopback wire into your speaker and mic plug. Make sure that
both plugs have nonzero volume settings that are not too high. Then run
doc/7.stuff/tools/latency.pd ... it does a latency detection by measuring
the time to echo a click. If the volume settings are too high, it will
cause fuzz, which will smear the click and make the measurement
unreliable.