[PD-ot] how low (latency) can you go?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Mon Dec 18 19:16:46 CET 2006

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> On Dec 18, 2006, at 4:59 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

>> he gradually became louder in order to minimize the latency (with
>> physical wind instruments this helps), and after 1 hour of playing he
>> almost collapsed (ok, that's a bit exaggerated)
>
> I don't doubt that it was fatiguing to play that instrument.  But do you
> have any specific data that shows that the latency was the source of the
> problem?  My guess is that the reduction of feedback is essential part
> of this.  I think that a system with so little feedback will be
> fatiguing to play no matter how low the latency.

he is used to play his MIDI wind-controller for years.

he kept complaining about the (increased) latency during all rehearsals.

i have no reason to believe that he lied to me, when he said he had
seriously more problems on the system which added more latency.

probably he was just in the "superhuman mode", but honestly i doubt this.

64k are still enough..

mfg.asdr
IOhannes