[PD-ot] blogger.com

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.net
Tue Jan 23 02:02:49 CET 2007

Am Montag, 22. Januar 2007 18:24 schrieb Hans-Christoph Steiner:

> It would be nice if that person had notified the list about this
> (perhaps they did, I didn't check the archives).  This is a public
> list, and its already archived in other places like gmane, so I don't
> think we can expect people to get permission from every person who
> ever posted on the list in order to reuse the list contents.

ah, so this list is spread to even more public places? dont these people have
their own ideas/content to fill their pages with? seems so ...

> I think it's more effective to make sure people realize that posting
> to lists like this means they are giving the contents of those emails
> to the public domain.

great! would you say the same if it would be about a drug related list? since
it is public accessible, no problem to forward it elsewhere completely? maybe
to the employers of the people posting there? if not, why? it would be public
list as well, so whats the difference? sorry, but your argument is a bit
weak. using the same logic, one could say "wiretapping is ok, since we dont
have anything to hide".

again, i find it disturbing that the list is "forwarded" to other places in
whole, without even notifying the people about it and to ask the list if the
majority of the people on the list are ok with that. it doesnt matter what
the topic of the list is, it has to do with respect to the people here.

> If you don't want the info public, then don't post it to public lists.

good idea. i will follow that and unsubscribe now, because i'm not happy with
that by principle.