[PD-ot] blogger.com

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Jan 24 21:44:13 CET 2007

Hallo,

> I don't mean to be annoying or anything, but I don't understand the
> problem here.  What harm is done if a public list like this is
> archived in other formats?  Anyone can subscribe, the archives are
> freely searchable and downloadable on the iem.at site.  I am having a
> hard time seeing any violation of privacy if someone mirrors the
> public archive.

I think, posting pd-list mails to a blog site is something different
from the official (iem) and semi-official (elists.com, gmane)
archives.

Did you take a look at the respective blogger site?
http://pdlist.blogspot.com/ Did you read the comments? It's pure
blogspam, which is riding piggyback on content generated by the pd
community. This definitely is not a context I would want my texts to
appear, so I'm glad IOhannes brough this up again and finally
suspended what I consider exploitation of the pd-list.

Plus: blogger.com is not even taking the small anti-spam measurements
gmane uses: You can find verbatim email addresses in the blog entries,
whereas gmane at least semi-hides it with <at>.

Ciao