[PD-ot] USwater and the convention

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 2 19:42:36 CEST 2007

Yes, you have to show ingredients in the US too, but are you banned
from calling in "Mineralwasser" if you add some salt to some tap
water and put it in a fancy bottle? ;)  Often times "spring water"
can be water that is pumped out of the ground, i.e. a well.

The US also has rules regulating terms like "natural", etc., but
business people around the world are very good at creative
interpretation of laws, rules and regulations if it means they can
make more money.

.hc