[PD-ot] Futuresonic Art Commission and Conference - Call for Submissions

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Jan 22 02:03:14 CET 2008

It would be good to get some Pd people here, the music deadline is
Feb 7th:

Begin forwarded message:
> > Here's the link: http://www.futuresonic.com/08/eflyer/cfp.html
> > There's the text.
> > \
> >
> > 2008
> > Urban Festival of Art, Music & Ideas
> > 1-4 May, Manchester, UK

> > Call for Submissions
> >
> > Futuresonic now invites artists, thinkers and makers to submit
> > proposals to its Art, Music, Ideas and EVNTS strands. Join us
> > for one of the biggest Social's of the year.
> >
> > A £5000 commission plus many other opportunities are available:
> > Art and Conference deadlines -- 5pm 18th December 2007
> > Music and EVNTS deadlines -- 5pm 7th February 2008
> >
> > 2008 Theme - Social Networking Unplugged
> >
> > Digital culture burns bright with a vision of being not in
> > isolation but
> > in groups, placing the relations between people first. Beyond the
> hype
> > lies ever greater isolation and conformity. The Futuresonic 2008
> theme
> > is The Social - Social Networking Unplugged. Join us as we go in
> > search of the social.
> >
> > Learn more

> > Futuresonic Art - Submit Now
> >
> > A commission valued at £5000 is available to create a new artwork,
> > plus Futuresonic can support a limited number of other projects,
> > addressing the Social Networking Unplugged theme. Futuresonic's art
> > strand focuses on social and participatory artworks which re-
> > imagine the city.
> >
> > Art Submissions deadline -- 5pm, 18th December 2007
> >
> > Learn more

> > Futuresonic Ideas - Submit Now
> >
> > The Futuresonic international conference and the Social
> > Technologies Summit invite proposals for talks, presentations,
> > workshops and session themes. Submissions of innovative formats for
> > social interaction and experimentation are encouraged. Theme -
> > Online, Mobile and Unplugged Social Networking.
> >
> > Conference Submissions deadline -- 5pm, 18th December 2007
> >
> > Learn more

> > Futuresonic Music - Submit Now
> >
> > In 2008 we invite musicians to share their take on innovative,
> > original and daring 21st century music with our audience.
> > Futuresonic's roots are in post-dub electronic music, and it
> > showcases genre defying great live music. Futuresonic will be able
> > to support a limited number of performances.
> >
> > Music Submissions deadline -- 5pm, 7th February 2008
> >
> > Learn more

> > Futuresonic EVNTS - Submit Now
> >
> > Futuresonic now invites any programmer, curator, promoter, label or
> > artist group anywhere in the world to take part in EVNTS 2008, a
> > city-wide showcase of affiliated events. EVNTS has grown into a
> > community of people who each year return to give the festival an
> > extra edge. Awards of £1000 and £500 are available via the EVNT
> > Competition.
> >
> > EVNTS Competition deadline -- 5pm, 7th February 2008
> > EVNTS 2008 showcase deadline -- 5pm, 20th March 2008
> >
> > Learn more

> [...]

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom