[PD-ot] looking for programs of study (postgraduate)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon May 19 17:55:26 CEST 2008

In the U.S., at least "postgraduate" would be a program that is after
a Ph.D or maybe a masters.  After a Bachelor's degree is called
"graduate".  I don't know how it is in other places.  Here are some
suggestions:

http://crca.ucsd.edu/
http://iem.at
http://ccrma.stanford.edu
http://www.music.columbia.edu/cmc/
http://create.ucsb.edu
http://education.nyu.edu/music/mtech/
http://cnmat.berkeley.edu/
http://ems.music.uiuc.edu/
http://mtg.upf.edu/
http://eamusic.dartmouth.edu/
http://www.ircam.fr/
http://emu.music.ufl.edu/

There is a pretty long list here:

http://emu.music.ufl.edu/emulinks.html

.hc

On May 19, 2008, at 9:40 AM, Remmy Canedo wrote:

> Hi list
>
> I've finished my studies in music composition (bachelor's degree)
> and now I want to continue my studies (postgraduate or similar).
> I'm looking for a research program, master or doctorate related to
> composition & computer music, including acoustics, psychoacoustics,
> musical analysis, audiovisuals, real time performance, and all
> related with music & machines. Any country or language serves!.
> If you know a good place to continue studing please let me know.
>
> Thanks a lot!
> rc
> microtono at hotmail.com
>

> ¿Aburrido? Ingresa ya y diviertete como nunca en MSN Juegos. MSN
> Juegos

----

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith