[PD-ot] [PD] Real Time Kernel Debian

Ede Cameron ecameron at videotron.ca
Wed Jul 16 15:50:38 CEST 2008

On 16-Jul-08, at 6:17 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote;

> hmm, i have no experiences with yaboot at all.
> but wouldn't it be possible to use yaboot to boot into grub to put
> into whatever (linux) you want? (kind of "chainloader")

Yes I thought of this and will be the next step I try. Seems like a
hack but also seems to be the best solution

> initrd will not help you with your bootloader (but with the drivers
> needed to bring up your system)
> anyhow, you will have to tell your bootloader to tell the kernel to
> use the initrd file; search the net for "yaboot+initrd" and you
> should get some hints on how to do it.

Actually this helps Seems I can boot from yaboot If I call the initrd
file for the different kernels. Think I'll read more about initrd and
give this another go next week sometime. Paper due at school.

Thanks
          Ede