[PD-ot] Internship to hack Pd on embedded devices, like ipods, PDAs, wifi routers

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sat Aug 2 03:30:26 CEST 2008

Hey,

Come hack with me at Eyebeam:

Embedded Hacker Intern
http://eyebeam.org/learning/learning.php?page=interns

Eyebeam Resident Hans-Christoph Steiner is looking for an intern to
help develop projects for reusing embedded devices such as wifi
routers, PDAs, iPods, etc. The intern will be expected to share the
work, from the brainstorming and development of ideas to drudgery of
making websites. Regular tasks include: getting GNU/Linux running on
devices, programming the next killer app using Pd and/or Python,
building custom circuits for these devices, documenting the whole
process with writing, photos, and video, and creating HOWTO webpages
for people to do it themselves. I will do my best to make sure
everyday you do something interesting and I expect you to do your
best to commit to a certain amount of time each week and stick with it.

Skills sought (you should have some experience in at least three of
these):

     * HOWTO writing
     * photo/video documentation
     * soldering/electronics
     * circuit board design
     * GNU/Linux (Debian, Familiar, OpenEmbedded)
     * Pd (Pure Data)
     * Python
     * C/C++

Please send a letter of interest to interninfo AT eyebeam DOT org
with “Hans intern” in the subject line.

----

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war
on terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom