[PD-ot] L2 cache and Pd

PSPunch shima at pspunch.com
Tue Sep 9 15:21:41 CEST 2008

Hi there,

I've been watching prices of BTO laptops rising and falling for a few
months now.

While most parts are way over spec for my usage, still CPUs vary widely
in price only for that extra 0.1GHz in clock speed and... "L2 cache".

For general usage of Pd and Gem, how critical is the difference between
a CPU with 3MB and 6MB of L2 cache? To be specific, I am stressed out
trying to decide between T8x00 and T9x00 lines of the Intel CPU.

Has anyone measured performance or "cache miss" rates when running Pd &
Gem with CPUs of such specs?

--
David Shimamoto