[PD-ot] [Dataflow] Python dataflow

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Thu Nov 20 11:36:19 CET 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 08:54:10AM -0500, Alexandre Quessy wrote:
> Hi Chris and all,
> Thanks for the links.
> Event driven programming... those remind me twisted. http://twistedmatrix.com/

Twisted is all about networking, and as such it's completely geared
towards that. What I like about Circuits is it's very small and simple
and generic. Also, I have always found Twisted to be total overkill. You
can acheive many of the same things by using Python's builtin asyncore
and asynchat classes, which Twisted is based on as far as I know.

Something else to look at along these lines is the recently introduced
'processing' module for Python, which allows you to write multi-CPU code
in Python and arbitrarily parallelise list operations (among other
things). It's very nice.

Chris.