[PD-ot] Fwd: Eyebeam Residencies Summer / Fall 2009

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Apr 8 01:47:18 CEST 2009

This is were Marius, Widget, and I started working on the Reware
project, it can be a hard application process, but its a good place to
get work done.

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Eyebeam <roddy at eyebeam.org>
> Date: April 7, 2009 12:00:28 PM EDT
> To: hans at eds.org
> Subject: Eyebeam Residencies Summer / Fall 2009
>
> Eyebeam is pleased to announce our open call for Summer/Fall 2009
> Artist Residencies.  If you are interested in applying, and can
> attend, we'll be hosting a "How To Apply" Forum, in New York City,
> on April 16, 7PM featuring past Eyebeam Resident and recent
> Residency curatorial panelist Robert Ransick (Bennington College,
> Vermont) and current senior fellow Steve Lambert (Parsons/The New
> School and Hunter College). The forum should last less than two
> hours and is an excellent way to learn about the types of projects
> that are made here, how to make your application connect with our
> institutional model, and meet people who have been on both sides of
> the application process.
>
> Below is the official call, please don't hesitate to contact me if
> you would like further information on our residency program.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Roddy Schrock
> Production Coordinator
>
> EYEBEAM
> 540 W. 21st Street
> New York, NY  10011, USA
> T +1 - 212.937.6580 x236
> F +1 - 212.937.6582
>
> roddy at eyebeam.org
> www.eyebeam.org
>

> Eyebeam Residencies
> Summer / Fall 2009
>
> You've got big ideas. You could use a little time and money, not to
> mention support and inspiration, to create a visionary project.
> Apply now for Eyebeam's Summer/Fall 2009 Residency cycle. Residents
> are granted a $5,000 stipend and 24/7 access to Eyebeam's state of
> the art digital design and fabrication studios at their Chelsea
> facility.
>

> About the Residency
>
> Eyebeam residencies support the creative research, production and
> presentation of initiatives querying art, technology and culture.
> The residency is a period of concentration and immersion in artistic
> investigation, daring research or production of visionary,
> experimental applications and projects. Past initiatives have ranged
> from live animation, sound and physical computing works to technical
> prototypes, installations and tactical media events. Check out what
> our current and past residents have been doing here:  http://eyebeam.org/people-residents/residents
> .
>
> The ideal resident will both contribute to and benefit from the
> collective environment at Eyebeam, and will embrace the spirit of
> openness shared across the organization: open source, open content
> and open distribution.
>
> To promote collaboration and the sharing of diverse skill sets,
> Eyebeam has established and continues to encourage the formation of
> research groups that bring together creative practitioners working
> at Eyebeam as well as expert external participants.

> [...]

Programs should be written for people to read, and only incidentally
for machines to execute.
  - from Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs