[PD-ot] USB audio Linux success at last!

ailo ailo.at at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 00:47:16 CET 2011

But do any of you guys get 24 bits and at least 48kHz samplerate? Isn't
there some limitations from only having standard usb class compliancy?
(didn't check if any of those devices have specific drivers)

I'm looking to buy the M-Audio Fast Track Pro, but not getting full
performance could sometimes be a bummer.

I haven't looked into how to check these things. From M-Audios homepage
they say you only get 16 bits from standard usb compliancy.

"Class compliancy supports 16-bit/48kHz 2 x 4 operation on OS X 10.3.9
and higher. Driver installation required to access more I/O."
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro.html

--
ailo